Saturday, December 14, 2019

The 23rd Psalm

The 23rd Psalm is greatly beloved, and has been memorized and said countless times, but… what is the meaning behind it? This timeless praise to, and expression of trust in, our Almighty God and Father is interpreted beautifully through an understanding of its verses:
“The LORD is my shepherd” … that is relationship
“I shall not want” … that is supply
“He maketh me to lie down in green pastures” … that is rest
“He leadeth me beside the still waters” … that is refreshment
“He restoreth my soul” … that is healing
“He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness” … that is guidance
“For His Name’s sake” … that is purpose
“Yea, though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death” … that is testing
“I will fear no evil” … that is protection
“For Thou art with me” … that is faithfulness
“Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me” … that is discipline
“Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies” … that is hope
“Thou annointest my head my oil” … that is consecration.
“My cup runneth over” … that is abundance.
“Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life” … that is blessing.
“And I will dwell in the house of the LORD” … that is security.
“Forever” … that is eternity.
Summing it up… what does our Almighty God and Father not only promise us, but give us? It is amazing to behold it in its vast array: relationship, supply, rest, refreshment, healing, guidance, purpose, testing, protection, faithfulness, discipline, hope, consecration, abundance, blessing, security, eternity.
Praise be to our Father, the LORD our God, our Defender, our Provider, our Healer, the just, pure, holy and righteous Judge, the Ancient of Days, the Eternal Mighty One… He whose Name is Yahweh, He whose Name is in all, through all, above all, He who has given His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, for the sake of the world that it would not perish but live through Him, He who is blessed from age to age forever and ever, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment